Everyone wants to be seen, known, and loved – including brands. But it is harder for newer or smaller brands to build brand awareness and get people talking about them. If you’re a brand that is looking to grow and get more people to notice you, this blog may help you understand what exactly brand awareness is and how you can use influencer marketing to achieve this marketing goal.
What is brand awareness in influencer marketing?
Let’s start with the basics. Brand awareness refers to how well people recognize your brand or how familiar they are with it. If people are able to rightly associate your brand with the product you sell, that is a good sign. Brand awareness is often a marketing goal for smaller players in an industry or new entrants. It is a very important aspect of marketing because it helps in generating leads, get ahead in the playing field, and even increase sales. Brand awareness also increases brand credibility and trust. Statistics say that 71% of consumers believe it is important to be able to recognize a brand before they make a purchase. This means people will be more likely to purchase your products because of how well they know your brand when compared to other brands. Investing in brand awareness campaigns is an essential step in every company’s marketing plan since it paves the way for engagement and ultimately, conversions.
What is the importance of influencers in brand awareness?
Influencer marketing has become one of the best ways for brands to increase their visibility and reach a wider audience. Due to the increasing number of internet users, social media is a great opportunity for brands to use in order to increase their brand awareness.
About 90% of marketers consider influencer marketing to be an effective marketing method. By partnering with social media influencers, brands can also tap into their dedicated followers and leverage their influence to promote their products or services. Since the influencers following trust them, they will trust their recommendations and view your brand as a credible one.
Influencer marketing can also help you create fresh content that connects with your target audience. The best way to build awareness in 2023 is to take advantage of popular content formats such as stories and short form videos like Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts Since influencers operate in specific niches, they understand their following better and know what content works with them and what does not. 81% of marketers use influencer content and 51% of them say that it outperforms the content created by their brand. With this type of content, your brand is integrated into the conversation in an authentic, engaging way. This results in an increase in brand awareness.
How can I build influencer marketing to increase brand awareness?
- Place your goal and target audience at the center: The first step is to decide what your goal is for your influencer marketing campaign. This will help you make decisions that will help you meet the goal throughout the campaign process. 35.7% of marketers consider raising brand awareness to be one of their primary goals while running influencer campaigns. Defining what you want to achieve and who you want to target will help you to pick the right platforms, influencers, and content formats. To define your target audience, consider factors such as age, gender, location, interests, and purchasing behavior. This will help you identify influencers whose followers align with your target audience.
- Work with different influencers: Do not restrict your campaign to influencers that operate within the same industry or genre as your brand. Rather incorporate various influencers from different genres and of different sizes. This will contribute to increasing your brand awareness since your audience is expanding. However, do not expand into genres that are completely irrelevant and promote your product to the wrong audience, this will not yield the desired results. Your brand can go with a small number of celebrity influencers to target large groups of people. Or you can also choose to use a large number of micro or nano influencers to target different small audiences.
- Run contests and giveaways: Contests and giveaways are a great way to get your brand awareness up. It gets people excited and creates a buzz around your brand. Different contests can be created for different social media platforms. You can take it up a notch by asking the influencers to set contest rules such as following the brand’s social media account, posting the giveaway on their stories, commenting and tagging friends, etc. This will boost the reach of your influencer campaign.
- Leverage user-generated content: User-generated content (UGC) is content created by consumers or followers of a brand, and can be a powerful way to increase brand awareness. By encouraging influencers and followers to create and share content related to your brand, you can amplify your message and reach a wider audience. This can be done through promotional activities that encourage users to create and share content. For example, AR filters and video challenges are ways to get your audience to interact with your brand. You can then repost this content or use it as social ads to further increase your reach and visibility.
- Instagram takeovers: This is another fun way to create brand awareness. Get influencers to take over your brand’s Instagram account for a day. Have them promote the takeover on their own page so that their following will be directed to your brand’s page. This way, both you and the influencer you are partnering with will get exposed to each other’s audience.
- Include influencers in other marketing activities: Building long-term relationships with influencers can be a valuable way to increase brand awareness and loyalty over time. By establishing ongoing collaborations with influencers, you can continue to leverage their influence to promote your brand. If your brand is open to it, you can include influencers that are quite popular in their circles in your marketing activities. You can have them contribute to your blog articles or even launch a product line or temporary collection in collaboration with them. This creates brand awareness by associating your product to the influencer. It is a strategy that is mutually beneficial since the influencer will promote their content and collaboration to their own audience. This will make your brand seem trustworthy to the influencer’s following and they will be curious to check your products out.
- Track and measure your results: To determine the success of your influencer marketing campaign and identify areas for improvement, it’s important to track and measure your results. This may involve tracking metrics such as reach, engagement, website traffic, and sales or leads generated. You should also consider conducting surveys or focus groups to gather feedback from your target audience and understand their perceptions of your brand. This feedback can help inform future influencer marketing campaigns and improve your overall marketing strategy.
You can track the performance of your brand awareness influencer campaigns by tracking metrics such as views, website traffic from social media channels, social media mentions, impressions and reach. This brand recognition may also turn into leads and sales. Monitoring the effectiveness of your influencer marketing campaigns can be simplified by collaborating with influencer marketing platforms like Kofluence. Our approach adopts a cost per KPI model, encompassing both above-the-line metrics like views and reach, as well as below-the-line metrics such as downloads, registrations, and more.
A standardized procedure for measuring performance and massive liquidity of credible, cooperative creators makes for easy tracking. There is also a dashboard with AI/ML based performance prediction for brands to view real time insights and analytics. This will help them obtain feedback and refine their audiences. Understanding how much revenue the campaigns bring in will aid in assessing your ROI which will further help you to make marketing decisions that are backed by data.
Examples of brands that successfully leveraged influencer marketing
Many brands have successfully increased their brand awareness with influencer marketing campaigns. Using an influencer marketing platform can help you carry out a successful campaign quickly and effectively. Here, at Kofluence, we offer tech-driven solutions to the challenges that come with traditional influencer marketing. Below are some examples of brands that teamed up with Kofluence and achieved their marketing goals:
Sugar Cosmetics is an Indian cosmetics company founded in 2012 that sells makeup, skincare, and beauty products. As part of their Women’s Day campaign, they wanted to launch their first ever product collaboration with a Wonder Women range. Their influencer marketing campaign, #EveryWomanIsAWonderWoman, was a huge success and earned them both brand awareness and engagement. With Kofluence, the message of women’s empowerment was spread by activating over 7000 influencers. The influencers shared compelling stories highlighting their insecurities & tagged 3 wonder women in their life to support the campaign’s messaging. This fetched the brand over 28 million impressions and an engagement of 11%.
Koskii is one of India’s top luxury ethnic wear brands. They partnered with Kofluence to launch an influencer marketing campaign to meet the objective of increasing brand awareness through social media. The campaign went live with a total of 60 creators uploading reels on Instagram. The reels were of influencers doing the hook step of trending reel audio while wearing iconic outfits from Koskii. Not only was it a fun way of integrating the brand’s products into a popular trend, but it was also quite effective. The campaign garnered 0.76 million impressions and 75% positive comments. It also fetched the brand an engagement rate of 6%.
Go Colors is an Indian clothing company that sells a variety of bottoms wear. They were running a major campaign under the hashtag ‘#GoodToGo’ where influencers were used to showcase the festive looks that can be achieved with Go Colors products. The campaign aimed at spreading awareness about the quality and features of their new line of products through popular creators. By collaborating with Kofluence, Go Colors executed a successful campaign titled #GoodToGoFestival which brought up their brand awareness. Over 20 creators were used to create content and the 23 content pieces obtained an engagement of over 180k. Influencer marketing helped the brand garner a reach of 2.68 million with more than 1.3 million views.
One of India’s most popular delivery platforms, Dunzo, also partnered with Kofluence to carry out its influencer marketing campaign. Kofluence helped Dunzo launch the ad campaign #TareekhPeTareekhChallenge through an iconic revival of Sunny Deol’s dialogue in a television commercial featuring popular late actor, Puneeth Raj Kumar. This challenge was a huge success and garnered millions of views. We went live with over a thousand content pieces and brought in a remarkable 9.3% engagement. The campaign helped with brand awareness by fetching Dunzo Daily 6 million views and 10 million impressions.
Flipkart, one of India’s biggest e-commerce platforms, and Kofluence came together to create a campaign called #The25thHour. This campaign created intrigue among audiences with the question “What would you do if you had an extra hour in a day?”.
The campaign plan was divided into two phases, one intended to increase intrigue and the other to focus on the ‘Galanz’ product launch. We had different strategies to amp up their brand awareness and get people engaged. This included unique UGC style content coupled with celebrity influencer involvement. The campaign created an impact, garnering over 15 million Impressions. Over 300 creators were involved which gave the brand a reach of 12.6 million.
How do I measure the impact of influencer marketing on brand awareness in my business?
Brand awareness campaigns play a vital role in establishing a strong presence in the market and capturing the attention of your target audience. To truly understand the effectiveness of these campaigns, it’s crucial to have robust measurement strategies in place. In this section, we will explore effective methods that enable you to measure the impact of your brand awareness campaigns, enabling you to make informed decisions and drive meaningful results.
Social Media Metrics:
Monitoring social media metrics is essential for measuring the impact of brand awareness campaigns. Track the growth in followers, reach, impressions, likes, comments, shares, and mentions across different social media platforms. Analyze the engagement rate, which is the percentage of followers who actively interact with your content. Additionally, keep an eye on brand mentions and hashtags related to your campaign to gauge the level of awareness generated.
Tracking Website Traffic and Referrals:
Measuring website traffic and referrals is a direct way to assess the effect influencer marketing has had on your brand awareness goals. Utilize web analytics tools to track the influx of traffic to your website from the influencer’s content. Monitor the click-through rates (CTR), time spent on your website, and the number of conversions. This data provides insights into how influencer-driven brand awareness translates into actual website visits and potential customer actions.
Conducting Brand Surveys and Sentiment Analysis:
Quantitative data is essential, but qualitative feedback from your target audience is equally valuable when measuring brand awareness impact. Conduct brand surveys or analyze sentiment analysis from customers who were exposed to your brand through influencer campaigns. Gain insights into their awareness of your brand, perception of its values, and overall sentiment. This qualitative feedback complements the quantitative metrics and provides a holistic view of the impact on brand awareness.
Brand Lift Studies:
Brand lift studies involve conducting controlled experiments to measure the impact of brand awareness campaigns. Split your target audience into two groups: one exposed to the campaign and the other unexposed. Measure key metrics such as aided and unaided brand recall, brand perception, purchase intent, and brand favorability among both groups. By comparing the results, you can determine the incremental lift generated by your brand awareness campaign.
When running influencer marketing campaigns, consider utilizing influencer-specific metrics to measure brand awareness impact. These metrics may include the number of influencer mentions, reach, engagement rate, click-through rates on influencer-specific links, and conversions attributed to their content. Collaborate closely with influencers to obtain performance metrics and insights from their audience, as they can provide valuable data for measuring the campaign’s impact.
Return on Investment (ROI):
While brand awareness campaigns may not directly lead to immediate conversions, it’s crucial to track the return on investment. Measure the cost per impression, cost per engagement, or cost per new follower gained through the campaign. Combine these metrics with qualitative data on brand perception and awareness to assess the overall value and impact of your brand awareness campaigns.
Utilizing Unique Discount Codes and Affiliate Links:
Unique discount codes and affiliate links are powerful tools for measuring the impact of influencer marketing on brand awareness. Assign exclusive codes or UTM links to each influencer, and track the usage or sales generated through these codes. This data enables you to attribute specific outcomes directly to the influencer’s efforts, helping you understand the ROI and the effectiveness of the campaign in driving brand awareness.
What are the biggest challenges in brand awareness and how to overcome them with Kofluence?
Establishing brand awareness is a critical aspect of building a successful business. However, it’s not without its challenges. Let us explore some of the biggest challenges faced in brand awareness and reveal how Kofluence can help overcome them, paving the way for effective brand recognition and visibility.
Cutting Through the Noise
In today’s crowded digital landscape, cutting through the noise and capturing the attention of your target audience is a daunting task. Overcoming this challenge requires innovative strategies that can differentiate your brand from the competition.
Kofluence provides access to a diverse network of influencers who have established credibility and a dedicated following. By collaborating with these influencers, you can leverage their influence and reach to break through the clutter and effectively communicate your brand message to a larger audience.
Reaching the Right Audience
One of the biggest challenges in brand awareness is ensuring that your message reaches the right audience. Broadcasting your brand to a broad audience without targeted precision may result in wasted resources and ineffective outcomes.
And here’s where Kofluence lifts the baton. Our AI-assisted platform enables brands to identify and collaborate with influencers who align with their target audience. These influencers have already cultivated a loyal following within specific niches or demographics. By leveraging their influence, you can ensure that your brand message reaches the right people, maximizing the impact of your brand awareness campaigns.
Measuring the Impact
Measuring the impact of brand awareness initiatives is essential to understand the effectiveness of your strategies and optimize future efforts. Without proper measurement, it becomes challenging to gauge the return on investment and make data-driven decisions.
Kofluence offers comprehensive data-driven insights and analytics to measure the impact of influencer marketing campaigns on brand awareness. From tracking reach and engagement metrics to analyzing audience demographics and sentiment, our constantly evolving platform provides the tools necessary to assess the effectiveness of your brand awareness campaigns accurately. This data-driven approach empowers you to optimize your strategies, refine your messaging, and drive continuous improvement.
Managing and Scaling Campaigns
Managing and scaling brand awareness campaigns can be complex and time-consuming, particularly when dealing with multiple influencers and platforms simultaneously.
Our Brand’s App simplifies campaign management by providing a streamlined platform for influencer discovery, communication, and performance tracking. The platform lets you have full control of the campaigns so you can efficiently manage and scale your influencer marketing campaigns, saving time and resources while maintaining control over the process. This streamlined approach ensures smooth execution and maximizes the potential impact of your brand awareness campaigns.
If brand awareness is a marketing goal that your brand is looking to achieve, then leveraging the power of influencers can be a game-changer. Influencer marketing campaigns provide an effective avenue to generate buzz, spark conversations, and forge connections with your target audience in an engaging and authentic way. When executed strategically, influencer marketing campaigns can propel your brand to new heights of visibility and recognition. And doing it with Kofluence will help you get your campaign up and running in a duration of just 1 day. So, what are you waiting for? Register with Kofluence today!
If you found this blog to be helpful browse through our website for other blogs on similar topics or get in touch with us for your next influencer marketing campaign! Download the Kofluence app and find relevant campaigns catering to your target audience! To opt-in, download the Kofluence app here: iOS users, and Android users.